As automated testing becomes increasingly important in software development, the need for efficient and reliable testing frameworks is more critical than ever. Among the popular testing frameworks, Cypress, TestCafe, and Playwright are leading the pack with their robust features and ease of use. In this blog post, we will examine which framework is faster between Cypress, TestCafe, and Playwright.
Let's get it started with the experiment 🙂
Prerequisites (applied to each framework)
- QA-Practice app running on local environment (localhost:9020), to avoid external factors (connectivity lag, etc.)
- Google Chrome browser. Headless mode enabled.
- Parallelism disabled. All the frameworks use a single worker.
- Video recordings for test results disabled.
- 4 test files. 6 test scenarios, identically implemented on each framework
- 5 test executions performed for each framework
Test Execution Time
Conclusion: The winner is... Playwright!
Based on this experiment, it looks like:
– Playwright is 2.5 times faster than Cypress
– Playwright is 3.4 times faster than TestCafe
However, all three frameworks are excellent choices and provide fast and reliable test automation capabilities.